Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Lunch at Chez Jo


Just thought I would share what I had for lunch today. A simple, healthy and light meal and oh-so-not complicated! There's tuna salad (made with some very special tuna-more on that later) with capers, celery, red onion and a squeeze of fresh lemon, and a warm green bean and potato salad with hazelnuts and balsamic vinaigrette. There are some tiny yellow and cherry tomatoes (from my balcony garden) and some thinly sliced radishes added for garnish. Simple goodness and a tribute to the end of summer's bounty.


Now about the tuna: I was reading the September issue of Martha Stewart Living Magazine and saw this article about Tuna You can Trust, so I tried it. Now the article says it is $5.00 a can, but I found another company making it at Whole Foods for $2.49. The brand I purchased is Wild Planet. Anyway, I really think it tastes better than some of the other cans of tuna out there. And even if I am just imagining that, it feels good to "do the right thing"......

No comments:

Post a Comment