Saturday, August 1, 2009

Brooklyn in July



I can't believe that in the 5 or so years that Franny's has been open in Brooklyn, that I had never been so it was high time for me to go see what all the fuss was about! They have the most wonderful and unusual pizzas with the thin crust that I happen to love. They don't overdo it on the toppings either, they are very light and fresh (if pizza can be light!). We had the Buffalo Mozzarella, Garlic and Basil Pizza. Check out the zucchini salad that Allyson and I shared. I guess I should have shot the pic before we started devouring it! Next time I am back in Bklyn I will be sure to go back!




Franny's just opened a new place on Flatbush called the Brooklyn Larder. Dad and I stopped in to check it out and get a bite to eat. We had some really great sandwiches. Here is a peek at the inside. It's very clean and minimal. They have some really cool new packaged food products showcased and I happened to love the packaging on this Piri Piri Sauce. (for those of you who don't know what Piri Piri Sauce is....it's the East African hot sauce made from dried and soaked piri-piri chillies that is a staple condiment used to accompany many East African soups and stews. Though the origin of this sauce is probably Portuguese, it is now well established as a popular East African condiment and is considered an essential accompaniment to any meal these days).













.

No comments:

Post a Comment