Thursday, December 24, 2009

Holiday Cheer


I want to share with you my favorite winter time cocktail...I discovered it by accident, really. It was in an ad in one of my food magazines, probably 6 or 7 years ago.....it sounded so good and believe me it was! The ad was for Stolichnaya Ohranj vodka and the recipe at the time was for a Blood Orange Martini. (have always wondered what to do with those beautiful blood oranges!)


Needless to say, it now has become a signature cocktail for me....it's sort of sweet from the orange juice but tart with the addition of the pomegranate molasses......



Here's the recipe:

2 oz. vodka ( orange flavored works best)
2 oz. fresh squeezed blood orange juice
2 tsp pomegranate molasses*

Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, add ingredients, shake and pour into a martini glass. Add a slice of blood orange for garnish. Beautiful!

*can find in most Middle Eastern type markets like Sahadi in Brookyn NY

You can use the Stoli Ohranj
or my sources tell me that Charbay makes a really good blood orange vodka already infuse with the juice........

Enjoy and Happy Holidays!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment