Thursday, June 10, 2010

Truffle Squared


I stumbled upon these unbelievable truffles from truffle truffle while surfing the web recently. They are made right here in Chicago too! Bonus for me because I can go to one of 3 locations where these puppies are sold!

The flavors are what really intrigued me the most: Arugula, basil, thyme, mint, lavender and rosemary? I am loving the herbs! There are also flavors like strawberry balsamic, coconut key lime, hazelnut praline and banana walnut. If you are in the mood for something really different try champagne, truffle honey, elderflower or mascarpone!

I am such a fan of the unusually flavored baked goods and confections....check out Dynamo Donuts in San Francisco (with lemon pistachio, saffron chocolate, candied orange blossom and maple glazed bacon apple flavored donuts) and Blue Sky Bakery in Park Slope, Brooklyn (with awesome flavored muffins) to see what I mean!

All of the truffles at truffle truffle are made with the highest quality single source chocolate both light or dark, and they are really meant to mix and match.

This is a true start-up company born out of love of chocolate. Nicole Greene, owner and operator of truffle truffle, decided after trying hard not to to go into the "family business" of food (her dad is in the culinary world) finally decided to go for it and got a degree in the classical pastry arts program at the French Culinary Institute. And shortly thereafter, truffle truffle was born!

Now I know what to bring back east when I come for a visit next time! Or maybe I just keep these for myself.....

truffle truffle can currently be found in the following locations:

Southport Grocery & Café, 3552 N Southport, Chicago, IL 60657
www.southportgrocery.com

Olivia's Market, 2014 W Wabansia, Chicago, IL 60647
www.oliviasmarket.com

W Grocer, 2060 W North Avenue, Chicago, IL 60647
www.wgrocer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment