Monday, October 19, 2009

Ode to Halloween



Halloween |ˌhaləˈwēn; ˌhälə-; -ōˈēn| (also Hallowe'en)

noun the night of October 31, the eve of All Saints' Day, commonly celebrated by children who dress in costume and solicit candy or other treats door-to-door.

ORIGIN late 18th cent.: contraction of All Hallow Even (see hallow , even 2 ).



Most people who know me know that I am not that fond of this holiday....not so sure why but somewhere buried in my past, must be a costume gone bad, or something like that! Because God knows I love candy! Maybe it's the idea of having to go get it that makes me sour on the whole thing! Too much trouble??

Anyway, I thought I would go vintage and rekindle my long lost love of this scary celebration we do in mid-fall every year......here are some vintage Halloween cards and kitch for you to enjoy......




No comments:

Post a Comment