Friday, November 5, 2010

Friday Inspiration




I was having one of those days when I needed something but just couldn't figure out exactly what it was. I came across this book while browsing at Anthropologie and I couldn't put it down. There are some great words of encouragement and I found it was exactly what I needed!

"Your vision of where or who you want to be is the greatest asset you have."


All of us want to be good at our jobs, but how good do we really want to be?

Quite good.


Good.


Very good.


The best in our field.


Or the best in the world?


Talent helps, but it won’t take you
as far as ambition.

Everybody wants to be good, but

not many are prepared to make

the sacrifices it takes to be great.


To many people, being nice in

order to be liked is more import-

ant. There’s equal merit in that,

but you must not confuse being

good with being liked.


Most people are looking for a
solution, a way to become good.

There is no instant solution, the

only way to learn is through

experience and mistakes.


You will become whoever you
want to be.

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment