Thursday, January 14, 2010

Speaking of cleaning.....


While scouting for exciting new things at one of the many trade shows I used to attend, I came across this company of cleaning products at the NY International Gift Fair. They were handing out samples and I was lucky enough to get a few! I was convinced I should carry these special detergents at the store, but somehow, I couldn't fit it into the kitchen-based product lines we were stocking. Not sure if my customers could relate, you know?

Anyway, I have been a personal fan ever since the first time I tried washing my cashmere sweaters and scarves in their Wool & Cashmere Shampoo. It'r really gentle, effective and smells good too! You may think it's a bit pricey, but think of all the dry-cleaning cash you will save!

What I like about their website is that they have "recipes" on how to use each of their products and there are helpful laundry tips too, videos included!

The company was started in 2004 by Lindsey Wieber Boyd and Gwen Whiting, both graduates of Cornell University. With degrees in Fiber Science, Textile and Apparel Management and Design, along with their combined experience in retail management and product development, they have built quite a successful company. Both women had previously worked in luxury-brand lines like Chanel, Ralph Lauren and Brooks Brothers to name a few.

They...... "created this eco-chic line of specialty detergent and fabric care to take the chore out of doing laundry. Frustrated with dingy white t-shirts, ruined items from the dry cleaners and chemically treated cashmere, they researched and developed their own solutions to simplify and master the fine art of laundry."*



I have to say one of my favorite products of theirs and one that I use quite a lot is the Fabric Fresh (an odor remover/freshener). Unlike other products that are on the market, it is non-toxic, bio-degradable and allergen- free. I use the "classic" scent but the cedar is nice too! They sell the products on the website, and also have a store finder link on their site if you just can't wait for delivery!

*excerpted from The Laundress New York website

No comments:

Post a Comment