Wednesday, September 23, 2009

It's all about the Butta


Well, I finally got to see Julie and Julia this past weekend. Funny how when you are a foodie people keep asking you, "Have you seen Julie and Julia yet??"

I absolutely loved it! Especially Julia Child's life in Paris. I was mesmerized with the detail with which the talented people at Columbia Pictures re-created Paris and Europe in the 50's in the cooking world. One scene I loved was when Julia and Simca (a.k.a. Simone Beck) were in the little kitchen store and Julia was loading up her cute basket with copper pots! Maybe they were more affordable then?? And I loved how similar the two women really were, though generations apart. Ahh life, it's funny that way!

I think it was highly entertaining and it makes me want to cook everything in butter. After all, Julia lived to a ripe old age of 92 and she ate butter.....so why not? I feel a souffle coming on........

PS...I sold a lot of those cute "egg whisks" on the book cover at my kitchen store.......


Everyone should be this happy making an omelet!

No comments:

Post a Comment